PraveenKG
PraveenKG,
106490884

We have a hp office jet 3830, we are printing from a dell

we have a hp office jet 3830
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: we are printing from a dell vostro but today having already printed until the powerbutton has been flashing continually for several minutes and the printer will not print
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the power button will not respond to switch off and the onlly response has been "printer error" which we have been unable diagnose

Hi, this is Praveen. You have reached JustAnswer.com which is a Paid Question and Answer site. I will be helping you with your issue today.
I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your hp office jet 3830 printer issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you pease let us know what is the probable problem?

Which operating system you are using currently?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Widows 10

how is your printer connected with your system via WIFI or USB?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
WiFi

I recommend you below the below steps and check whether the issue is resolved.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

2. Remove USB cable, if present.

3. Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

4. Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

5. Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
up and running we hope - thanks for your help

Good to know that your issue has been fixed.

Let us know if you need any other help.

If my effort was helpful, please rate my services.

Scroll the screen up and on the right top corner. Select the stars and click on Submit.

Your rating is important for us.

Thanks!