Ricky Printer Expert
Ricky Printer Expert, Technician
Experience:  5+ Years in Tech Support
98270431

Should a Canon Speedlite 270EXll flashgun be triggered by

Should a Canon Speedlite 270EXll flashgun be triggered by the flash on a Canon EOS100 camera, when the flashgun is set to 'slave?'
JA: How old is your EOS100?
Customer: 6 months - bought new.
JA: What have you tried so far with your EOS100?
Customer: The flashgun on the camera works fine, but it is not triggering the external flashgun, when the flashgun is set on 'slave.'
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Camera's built-in flash fires & produces satisfactory exposure on pics. Flashgun has new batteries in it, & a red light on top of it lights when it is switched on, so presumably it should be working. With the flashgun switched to either 'on' or 'slave' positions it is not firing in response to the flash on the camera. I have tried it both sideways on & facing the camera. I have used someone else's flashgun as a slave flashgun, & it was triggered by my Canon ES100's built-in flash firing. There does not appear to be any means of firing the flashgun manually to check that it is 'live.'Nick

Unfortunately, an emergency has come up and I will not be able to assist you right away. I will send the question back to the expert pool so that you are assisted quickly. I apologize for the extended wait

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. Unfortunately, the Speedlite 270EX ll is not compatible with the Canon EOS 100. You will need an EOS 300 or later to use the flash.

Ricky Printer Expert, Technician
Experience: 5+ Years in Tech Support