Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have set up my TS3150 printer for wireless connection, and

Hello. I have set up my TS3150 printer for wireless connection, and it say it's offline when I try to print. The network diagnostics says there is a problem in the settings/environment. I've had this problem with another printer and I think it's my wifi setup. Can I re-setup the printer to use a cable connection, which worked ok for my previous printer? Thank you.
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: I set it up for wireless connection which doesn't work. I want to set it up now for USB connection.
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I don't know, I'm not technically very expert.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that's it, thank you

I'm sorry about your printer issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Yes, you can re-set up your printer using the USB cable. First, do you have Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Windows professional

Can you please go to Control Panel > (System and Security) > System and confirm your exact Windows version there?

Are you able to open Control Panel on your computer?

Please stay with me on this page. Without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps. Please try the following steps:

1. Disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer for now.
  2. Open Control Panel on the computer.
    - (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window will open.)
  3. Open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers.
  4. There, right-click on your Canon printer and then click option Remove device, then click on Yes to delete it for now.
    - Make sure there is not any Canon printer showing there for now.
  5. Close the Control Panel / Devices and Printers window.
  6. Make sure the Canon printer is turned on.
  7. Connect the USB printer cable securely to both printer and computer.
  8. Wait a few minutes.
  9. Then see if you are able to print now.

- If there is still issue, you can uninstall / remove the Canon driver program in Control Panel > Programs / Programs and Features. Then download / install the TS3100 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows) at the website below:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_ts_series/pixma-ts3150.html?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:14-1594597

Please let me know if there is still issue. We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Problem now sorted by your second suggestion - I uninstalled the driver program and went through the setup again, selecting USB. Printer now printing! Thank you for your help.

You're welcome. Great. Thank you for the update.