VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

My Pixma MP560 after 9 years of brilliant service, has put

Customer Question

My Pixma MP560 after 9 years of brilliant service, has put up a message saying Error found, switch off printer, Call Engineer. Can you help? please
JA: Is your Pixma displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: Have not tried to use printer, after message. Had been printing 6 x 4 colour prints
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Have just installed original CD which came on delivery, Message received saying have installed latest version
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sorry but not tech minded, have never had any problem before
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Have not done anything yet, waiting for instructions
If an error message is displayed on the LCD, take the corresponding action described below.Note:Buttons valid when an operator call error occurs:1. ON button: To turn the machine off and on again.2. OK button: To clear and recover from an error. In some operator call errors, the error will automatically be cleared when the cause of the error is eliminated, and pressing the OK button may not be necessary.3. Stop button: To cancel the job at error occurrence, and to clear the error. Message on the LCDThe following ink may have run out. Replacing the ink tank is recommended. U041Summary If the lamp on the ink tank is flashing, ink may have run out.Replacing the ink tank is recommended. Instructions to replace an ink tank. If printing is in progress and you want to continue printing, press the machine's OK button with the ink tank installed. Then printing can continue. Replacing the ink tank is recommended after the printing. The machine may be damaged if printing is continued under the ink out condition.Note: If multiple ink lamps are flashing red, check the status of each ink tank. Message on the LCDPrint head is not installed. Install the print head.U051 / The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head.U052Summary Directions to install the Print Head. for If the Print Head is already installed, remove the Print Head once and then reinstall it.Instructions to reseat the print head.