Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I'm trying to replace two toner cartridges in my Brother DCP

Customer Question

I'm trying to replace two toner cartridges in my Brother DCP 9020CPW colour printer, but I can't get them to slot back into the space.
JA: What's the model of your printer?
Customer: Brother DCP 9020CDW
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: Yes, the lid is open, I've taken out the empty ones and unpacked the new ones - cyan and yellow - done the sideways shake, and slotted them back into the holders, but I think that's where it's going wrong, because they don't seem to be absolutely secure.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about your printer issue. I'm glad to assist you today. You would insert the new toner firmly into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you install it correctly, the green lock lever on the drum unit will lift automatically. Please click on the website below for the full instructions / illustrations for how to replace the toner on your printer:

https://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=dcp9020cdw_eu&ftype3=2043&faqid=faq00000065_062
Please let me know if there is still issue. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you,