VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

Why does my Canon Maxify only offer me the duplex printing

Why does my Canon Maxify only offer me the duplex printing option ocassionally?
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Canon Maxify MB2050
JA: How long has this been going on with your MAXIFY MB2050?
Customer: It happens from time to time. I never know when I click on print if the option for double-sided is going to show or now. It has been like this for some time. I just need it to work just now as I have a large document to print out.
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I am using a macbook air, but I haven't updated to Catalina yet
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have checked to see if I could sort this out in the settings, but there doesn't seem to be a facility.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
to change from one-sided to duplex

Can you please elaborate the issue so that I may assist you further?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
When I click to print, there is no option for two-sided printing on the menu. This option only shows ocassionally. Why does it only show ocassionally? I need to have that option now. Is there something I need to do in settings or printer driver?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I can
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I sent you a screen shot. Sometimes there is an option to choose two-sided printing, but at other times, as now, there is no option. Why is this happening and what can I do to sort it?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How can I access my printer driver (MacBook Air) ?

Click the “Finder” icon on the Dock of your Mac. Alternately, click anywhere on the Mac's desktop to switch to the Finder.

Press the “Option” key on your Mac's keyboard and hold it while you click “Go” from the Finder menu. ...Double-click the “Printers” folder to see your Epson printer drivers.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry, when I click Finder, do I go to Applications?

To access the Applications folder, go to the Finder by clicking the Finder icon in the Dock (it's usually the first icon on the left side of the Dock), or by clicking in a blank area of the Desktop. From the Finder's Go menu, select Applications

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok, done that

Okay

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What do I do now?

You said how to access your printer driver right? Click the “Finder” icon on the Dock of your Mac. Alternately, click anywhere on the Mac's desktop to switch to the Finder.Press the “Option” key on your Mac's keyboard and hold it while you click “Go” from the Finder menu. ...Double-click thePrinters” folder to see your Epson printer drivers.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There is no Printers folder and it's a Canon Maxify printer that I am enquiring about.

what exactly the issue you want to solve?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
As I said above, I wish to be able to do duplex printing (double-sided printing).
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yes, I know that, but the first thing it says is 'Open Driver Set-Up Window' and we have tried to find the printer driver and didn't get anywhere. We seem to be going around in circles :-)

Select the command that you perform printing on the application software. In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.

Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties) The printer driver setup window appears. Note.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I think we had better leave it and I will try and solve it some other way. This doesn't seem to be helping. Thank you anyway.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How to I close this conversation?

if you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Disregard the remote service for 39, that is just an automated offer it does not apply in this case.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK, I shall try that and see how I get on. Thank you. I think I will log off now and try and solve this myself. Thank you for your time.