Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a canon mg 5750 printer. it has gone 'offline' and i

i have a canon mg 5750 printer. it has gone 'offline' and i cant get it back online. so the pc doesnt recognise it's existence any more. what can i do?
JA: How are you connecting to your Canon printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wireless
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: not sure tbh
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it was working fine until recently. i made no changes to the settings, its just gone 'offline' and i cant work out how to get it back again.

I'm sorry about your printer issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Do you have a Windows or Mac computer? Have you tried the option LAN settings > Wireless LAN setup on your Canon printer's screen yet?
Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It says follow instructions on computer to perform the operation. There are no instructions. If I try to reinstall the printer the computer can’t find it.

Thank you. What's the make and model of your computer? After selecting the options LAN settings > Wireless LAN setup on your Canon printer's screen, can you please select the option Standard setup, then select / connect to your Wi-Fi wireless network name and check?

Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It’s a home built computer, running windows 10

Thank you. On your printer's screen, can you press Home button, then select these options: LAN settings > Wireless LAN setup > Standard setup, then select / connect to your Wi-Fi wireless network name and check?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It tells me it’s connected to the router
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
In the canon quick menu it says ‘printer is not responding’

I'm sorry. It took me a few minutes to type all the solutions below:

1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your Internet modem / router device(s) for about 3 minutes, then reconnect.
  2. Turn off your printer, then disconnect the power cord from the printer for about 2 minutes. Then reconnect, then turn the printer back on.
  3. Wait about 5 minutes, then see if you can print now.

- If that does not work, go to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners (or go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers) and remove all your Canon printer(s) there for now. Then download / install the MG5700 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 (Windows) at the website below and check:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5750.html?type=drivers

- If needed, please also download / install the MG5700 series Full Driver & Software Package there.

Please let me know if there is still issue. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks. Will do

You're welcome. Please take your time and let me know if there is any error or message. Thank you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It is working again. Many thanks for your help.

You're very welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back anytime. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,