VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

I have a HO ENVY 500 all in one series printer less than 12

Hi, I have a HO ENVY 500 all in one series printer less than 12 months . After working fine for many months will not connect to my WI fi . Tried to reinstall it but it did not work. My wifi is one, and the printer is showing a flashing blue on the the right of the display. Can you please help me reconnect . Mobile is(###) ###-####
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: Wireless
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I have not done so, not sure I Knew I had to.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried to reinstall. and got fatal error message

Change your wifi password

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How?

understand that there is a blue light blinking on your Envy 5540 printer. Do not worry, there is nothing wrong with your printer. The blue light symbolizes “wireless connectivity”. If the blue light is blinking, it means that the printer is trying to connect to a wireless network. You can turn it “off” since you are connected directly to the laptop.

Touch the wireless icon – settings – Turn off the wireless feature. You will notice that the light is now turned off.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My printer is shutting down

Okay

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still waiting
understand that there is a blue light blinking on your Envy 5540 printer. Do not worry, there is nothing wrong with your printer. The blue light symbolizes “wireless connectivity”. If the blue light is blinking, it means that the printer is trying to connect to a wireless network. You can turn it “off” since you are connected directly to the laptop. Touch the wireless icon – settings – Turn off the wireless feature. You will notice that the light is now turned off.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Confirm blue light turned off

GOod

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How long until call to help me please?

if you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Disregard the remote service for 39, that is just an automated offer it does not apply in this case.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what does that mean? I NEED HELP TO GET PRINTING AGAIN. Might be quicker to buy a new printer!

Can you restart your router for 5 minutes and turn on again

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
but already tried that

Did you change your wifi password *****?

Let's start with a Printer Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.