Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have used half a bottle of yellow ink - as that is what is

I have used half a bottle of yellow ink - as that is what is out of ink, but it does not show the reservoir is filled. It overflows when I try to add more. Why?
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Epson ET- 2550 Inkjet
JA: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?
Customer: 2 days
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: A while ago !
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Printer still says fill ink tank .

Please do the following on the printer.

1. Press the home button.
  2. Press the left or right arrow button to select Setup > Maintenance > Reset Ink Levels.
  3. Press the start button, then press the OK button.
  4. Press the OK button again.
  5. Press the right or left arrow button to highlight the ink tank you refilled, and press the OK button to select it. Repeat for each ink tank color you refilled.
  6. Press the start button to reset the ink levels, then press the OK button when the reset is complete.

tell me how it now functions please.