VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

I have a new Pixma Pro 10S. If I am notified that one or two

Customer Question

I have a new Pixma Pro 10S. If I am notified that one or two cartridges are low, do I have to change them immediately, or (like Epson printers) will they run a while longer (on Epson a red light shows when the ink is more or less out)?
JA: What Epson model do you have?
Customer: I had an R2400 but it died of old age. Now, I am using Canon.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?
Customer: As I said, the Epson is dead, but I ran it for many years the same way.
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I am using Windows 10 with regular updates.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. I think the warning of low ink on two of my cartridges is normal, but I just wonder how literally to take it before I swap the cartridges out.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Expert:  VanHilton M replied 16 days ago.

Some of the newer models of printers won't print at all if one of the cartridges is empty or low (to prevent possible damage to one cartridges), and some printers don't even have the option to print using only the black ink cartridge. However, it's always worth a try.

Expert:  VanHilton M replied 11 days ago.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thank You.