Tech Expert
Tech Expert, Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Engineer
104823085

My HP Envy 5544 was connected to my MacBook Air but I had to

Customer Question

My HP Envy 5544 was connected to my MacBook Air but I had to have a new Wi-Fi connected last week and I can't get my printer to print. It says Network Name (SSID) found but Fail
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: Probably USB although I'm uncertain. The printer is connected by a plug to the Wi-Fi Virgin Media box so assume that means USB
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I don't remember ever updating the printer driver software
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not any use at technical things so they will have to be patient
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tech Expert replied 17 days ago.

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am happy to be assisting you today.
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your printer. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
May I know whom I am chatting with?

May I know if you are still connected with me?

Hello, I noticed you haven’t had time to respond to my inquiry, so based on the information you have given me, this is the best answer that I am able to provide at this time. If this does not solve your issue, please feel free to come back and provide me with more information and I will do my best to help you find a solution.

Make sure the router and computer are turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer. Turn on the printer and place it close to the computer and within range of the router during the setup procedure.

Use the built-in Wireless Setup Wizard to set up your printer on your wireless network.

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

The Wireless Summary screen displays.

3. Touch the Settings icon , and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

A list of wireless networks displays.

4. Touch the name of your wireless network.

If the list does not contain your network name, scroll down, then touch Enter New Network Name to type it in manually.

5. If prompted, type the WEP or WPA key (WIFI password) using the on-screen keyboard. Make sure you type the uppercase (capital) and lowercase (small) letters exactly. Otherwise, the wireless connection fails.

6. Touch Done, and then touch OK.

Once done, restart the MAC and try to print.