VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

The message has now changed and says "printer error has

Customer Question

The message has now changed and says "printer error has occurredReference Number at top of screen is 6A81
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Disregard the remote service, that is just an automated offer it does not apply in this case.

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

This issue is not easy but I want you to follow this troubleshooting steps.

For Better understanding here's the link: https://www.inkredible.co.uk/canon-error-code-6a81-fixed

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We have checked the printer very carefully and cannot see any obstruction We used strong torch light The error message ^A81 remains Can you offer any alternative solution please
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
sorry I made an error the code on the screen is 6A81 I wait to hear
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 11 days ago.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1. Turn the printer off.

2. Unplug the power from the printer for at least 5-10 minutes.

3. While unplugged, remove any paper from the unit.

4. Double check for any obstructions found in the unit or paper paths.

5. If no obstructions are found, plug the power back in and turn the unit on.

If the error still remains, please visit the following link below to contact our support group for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
We have unplugged for a few days but the same error message remains as before What suggestion do you have now ?
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 6 days ago.

Are you still there? I don't mean to rush you. I just want to make sure that we are still connected

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
We had the same reply as this a few days ago and instead of leaving unplugged & switch off we left couple of days and tried again but the same error message is still on the screen

When the message "5100 Printer error has occurred. Turn off power then back on again. If problem persists, see the manual." is displayed, the behavior of the print head holder is interrupted. ... If there is a jammed paper or foreign material inside the printer, remove them.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
We have tried all the the error message is 6A81 As far as we can see there are no obstructions

The error code is basically caused by an obstruction within the printer, usually a paper jam but could be any foreign body that has found its way into the printer (those with young children will understand!).