Joseph Newman
Joseph Newman,
Experience:  Lead Technician at Maryville City Schools
107060210

I AM 87 AND USE THIS FOR PRINTING LETTER \I SEND TO LOVED

Customer Question

I AM 87 AND USE THIS FOR PRINTING LETTER \I SEND TO LOVED ONES B BUT THE PRINTER STOPPED PRINTING.WHAT DO I DO. pLEASE dvice me.
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: The brand is Epson Stylus DX 4850
JA: How long has this been going on with your Stylus?
Customer: For over a week
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I have never updated AANY THING SINCE I GOOT THE pRINTER
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else just help mee to let the printer start working again.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joseph Newman replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Do I back to my computer. I waited for hours and no response so I had to go and rest. You know I am an old man i will try you tomorrow.

Sounds good. Just let me know. Here is a possible solution.

Checking the Lights

If the lights on the Epson Stylus CX all-in-one come on or flash, or a number or letter appears in the Copy window, check the explanations listed below.

Light: status

Copy window status

Cause

Solution

On: Flashing

Error: On

-

No paper is loaded in the sheet feeder.

Load paper in the sheet feeder. See Loading Paper for instructions.

-

Multiple pages have been fed into the sheet feeder.

Remove and reload the paper. See Loading Paper for instructions.

Error: Flashing

-

Paper is jammed.

See Paper Feeding Problems to remove it.

Ink: Flashing

-

An ink cartridge is running low on ink.

See Replacing an Ink Cartridge for instructions.

Ink: On

-

An ink cartridge is empty or not installed correctly.

Error: Flashing

Memory Card (all 3 lights):
Flashing

(Epson Stylus CX4800 Series only)

1

A memory card is inserted that is not supported by the Epson Stylus CX4800 Series.

Remove the incompatible memory card. See the Quick Guide for instructions.

The inserted memory card does not contain any valid images.

See the Quick Guide for a list of compatible card and image types.

Error: Flashing

Print From Index Sheet: Flashing

(Epson Stylus CX4800 Series only)

2

An index sheet was not recognized because it is not positioned correctly.

Position the index sheet correctly on the glass, aligning the top of it with the left edge of the glass. Then press Start Color to continue or Stop to cancel.

3

The index sheet is marked incorrectly.
(No marks are detected or the sheet includes more than one mark for an image.)

Remove the index sheet, mark it correctly, and try again. See the Quick Guide for instructions.

4

The index sheet does not match the photos on the memory card.

Remove the memory card and insert the card used to print the index sheet (see the Quick Guide for instructions)-or place the correct index sheet on the glass. Then press Start Color to continue or Stop to cancel.

Error: Flashing fast

H

The paper thickness lever is set to the H position.

If you have set the lever to the H position because you are printing envelopes, continue printing. Otherwise, set the lever to the L position.

Error: On

Ink: On

All other lights: Flashing

E

An Epson Stylus CX part needs to be replaced.

Contact your local authorized servicer or contact Epson for a referral; see Where To Get Help.

All lights: Flashing

E

There is a problem with the Epson Stylus CX.

Turn the Epson Stylus CX off and then back on. If the error does not clear, contact your local authorized servicer or contact Epson for a referral; see Where To Get Help.

Note:
When you turn off the Epson Stylus CX, a red light inside it may stay on for up to 15 minutes. This is normal.

Running a Printer Check

You can run a printer check to determine whether a problem comes from the Epson Stylus CX itself or some other source.

• Make sure both the Epson Stylus CX and computer are turned off. Then disconnect the USB cable from the Epson Stylus CX.
  • Make sure letter-size plain paper is loaded in the Epson Stylus CX.
  • Press the ink and On buttons together and hold them down for about 5 seconds. The Epson Stylus CX turns on and prints a test pattern. It also shows the percentage of ink left in each cartridge:

• Turn off the Epson Stylus CX after it prints the test page. Then reconnect the USB cable and turn on the Epson Stylus CX and computer.
  • If the test page prints, the problem probably lies in your software settings, the USB cable, or your computer. It's also possible that your software may not be installed correctly. See your Start Here sheet for instructions on reinstalling the Epson Stylus CX software.
  • If the test page doesn't print, you may have a problem with the Epson Stylus CX. Try the suggestions in Problems and Solutions. If nothing works, contact Epson as described in Where To Get Help.