Robert H
Robert H, Engineer
Experience:  Computer and IT support Engineer
106466437

I am awaiting the delivery of an iPad air. When it arrives

I am awaiting the delivery of an iPad air. When it arrives will I be able to link my elderly pixma MG5150 to it? Will I need a different lead to plug it into the tablet with?
JA: What's the model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Pixma MG5150. Quite old. Can't remember when I got it. Have been using it for some years now just as a photocopier! Love it.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Android device?
Customer: Nothing. Haven't used of with anything else for some years now
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't really need the android person I think. I just want to know if it will work with the apple tablet
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Perhaps my question is premature? I won't receive the iPad until the first week of June, so I don't know for sure whether it is physically possible to plug anything into the WiFi enabled tablet. I'm really trying to discover whether I can keep the old printer I mentioned in the question, or do I need to replace it too?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today! ūüėä

Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

---

I’m so sorry to hear about your issue. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. I understand you want to start printing from your iPad.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the app that you want to print from.
  2. To find the print option, tap the app's share icon — or. — or tap .
  3. Scroll down and tap. or Print. ...
  4. Tap Select Printer and choose an AirPrint-enabled printer.
  5. Choose the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print.
  6. Tap Print in the upper-right corner.

Please check here for additional guidance and tutorials to assist you:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201387

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Also, thank you for giving me the chance to help out today.

If there is anything else that I can help with today, please let me know. My goal is to provide excellent service to you!

Robert_IT

(Your friendly expert)