VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

My hp printer photo tray drive has sheared. How/where can I

My hp printer photo tray drive has sheared. How/where can I get it repaired or get a replacement photo tray? The HP virtual help desk simply sent me round in circles.
JA: What HP model do you have?
Customer: photosmart 7520 all in one
JA: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?
Customer: several weeks. Usually I can tease it into working, but after 2 photos printed today, it won't play despite several attempts!
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: It's not an update problem. The drive to draw the photo tray forward is broken - sheared. 2 teeth are missing
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. I've give all the info I have

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Disregard the remote service, that is just an automated offer it does not apply in this case.

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number ***** phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've already tried that, and it was, frankly, a waste of a lot of time. The system sent me round in circles. It seemed to be willing to deal only with software issues. A damaged drive on a tray preventing the tray from being drawn into the printer clearly wasn't something it envisaged.
Good bye....

Okay, Keep safe.