Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

HP office jet 6960, we have just replaced all of the colours

Customer Question

HP office jet 6960 , we have just replaced all of the colours in the ink section but when printing blue it comes out pink,if one of the cartridges blocked
JA: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?
Customer: No messages
JA: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?
Customer: Genuine HP cartridges
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
turned back on and notices that black was showing low, replaced that and printed still showing pink when it should be blue
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done all that and it still is not coming through with the blue.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Please do the followwing

1. From the printer control panel, open the Setup menu.

2. Open the Printer Maintenance menu.

3. If necessary, open the Tools menu, and then touch Clean Printhead.

4. If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Clean Again to continue the next level of cleaning. If necessary, repeat these steps for the third cleaning cycle.

Run it 3 times and tell me how it prints please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that and the test sheets show the blue quite plain, i have done a test with the sheet that comes out pink and its the same and tested on another paper with blue and it still has a pink tint.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the printhead that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
out of warranty, so i will look for someone to repair. many thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome