Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have an Epson WF-3520 printer and despite changing the

Customer Question

I have an Epson WF-3520 printer and despite changing the black ink and seeing it is full cartridge the printer is misprinting and appearing to be empty.
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: Epson WF-3520
JA: How long has this been going on with your WF-3520?
Customer: just started today
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: never have done that no idea about it!
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just need to print!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your printer.

I suggest you do some manual cleaning. Follow the instructions below.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartridge seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message. When inserting the cartridges back, make sure you insert the black cartridge first.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate to ask. Please use the reply box and let me know. I’m happy to help.