Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My hp printer is not turning on. the on button is flashing,

Customer Question

hello my hp printer is not turning on. the on button is flashing
JA: What HP model do you have?
Customer: hp envy 5010
JA: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?
Customer: just started today
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: oh ... not
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the touch screen was on but now it is black
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your printer.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

1. Unplug all cables (including printer USB cable) and memory cards from the printer. Unplug the power cord, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on.

2. Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source. If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.

3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then, wait for two minutes.

4. After two minutes, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet (not a surge protector or battery backup as they can cause the printer to lose basic functionality over time).

5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.

6. The printer should automatically power back up. If it doesn't, turn it on with the power button.

7. Try making a photocopy (if your printer is an all-in-one printer) before connecting any other cables to the printer.

8. Connect any other needed cables to the printer.

Check if the issue persists.