Sheri Treppeda
Sheri Treppeda,
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

I am trying to replace ink cartridges on my Epson WF2835 but

Customer Question

I am trying to replace ink cartridges on my Epson WF2835 but the display would read "Cartridge not recognize" or "illegitimate cartriedge". What can I do about this? The new cartriedges are Epson compatible cartridges.
JA: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your WF2835?
Customer: Yes, the first time I change the cartriedges This is a super quick answer
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: The printer does now not even recognize the old ink cartriedges which I have replaced
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Error messages "Cartridges not recognized" "Cartridges illegitimate". Yes, I have opened the lid
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is it there anyone who can possibly help me with this one? Thank you
Expert:  Sheri Treppeda replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I am happy to assist you and will do my best to resolve it for you. Please make sure you are using Epson brand cartridges and then do the following:

Please remove all the cartridges and power off the printer by pulling out the power cord, not by pressing the power button. Leave off for 20 minutes. Then plug back in, power on and wait for it to finish initializing. Wait for the carriage to stop moving. Then install all the cartridges back into the printer. Then test.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for getting back to me on this one as I am really struggling with it. I am using non-Epson offical cartridges which are supposed to be valid on the machine. Can you help me in this case?

Unfortunately, this is likely the reason for the problem. You would need to use genuine Epson cartridges. Keep in mind the printers and ink cartridges often have chip in them that detect off brand cartridges.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The printer would not even recognize the old cartridges which are original. Do you find an explanation fo this?

It was likely a lucky fluke that they ever worked in the past. Also, they could have damaged the printer. I'm sorry to advise you of this, but unfortunately, that can happen. You can try the steps I send to see if it helps.