VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

I have recently had a new router, my printer will not work..

Customer Question

I have recently had a new router, my printer will not work.. will this be due to the different WiFi password
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I don't know
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just need to sort this out
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Disregard the remote service, that is just an automated offer it does not apply in this case.

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Click this link https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05987925

1. From the home screen of your printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

2. Touch the Setup icon .

3. Touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings, and then touch Yes to confirm your selection.

4. After the default network settings are restored, touch the back arrow, touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

The printer searches for available networks.

5. Touch the name of your wireless network.

6. If your wireless network does not display in the list of wireless networks, touch Enter New Network Name, and then type the name of your wireless network.

NOTE:

Type the exact network name, including any uppercase and lowercase letters.

7. Type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.

If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password..

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

8. If the printer fails to connect, print a Wireless Network Test Report, and then follow any instructions on the report to troubleshoot wireless connectivity problems. For more information, go to Using a Wireless Network Test Report.