Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I want to scan a doc (which I have done many times before)

Customer Question

I want to scan a doc (which I have done many times before) but I am now required to enter my e-mail address (*****@******.***) and the silly little alphabetical keyboard on my HP Envy 5530 refuses to click through to the relevant letters of the alphabet. Is there a way round this problem please?
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: HP Envy 5530
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: Just since the last time I tried to scan a doc, a couple of days ago
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks. I just want to do a scan
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your printer.

I suggest you try scanning using HP Smart from your computer.

1. Please click Start icon and select HP Smart from All Apps. Or click the Start icon and type in HP Smart on the search filed. Select HP Smart from the results.

2. It will open the HP Smart window. If it is asking to configure the printer, please follow the on-screen instructions to do so.

3. Then, click Scan that you see on the HP Smart window.

4. Change the scanning options you want and click Scan that you see on the bottom right corner of the HP Smart app.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

If you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate to ask. Please use the reply box and let me know. I’m happy to help.