Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

My Brother MFC-J615W yellow only prints greeny yellow as I

Customer Question

My Brother MFC-J615W yellow only prints greeny yellow as I accidentally put in a cyan colour in its slot previously. Tried cleaning process several times without any improvement. Used Brother ink. can I recover my printer?
JA: Does your printer have a self-cleaning feature? (If so, you may have to run this several times to see results.)
Customer: Hi. Tried that several times without any noticeable improvement.
JA: When did you last replace the ink or toner? Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges (if applicable)?
Customer: That cyan one is quite old. Have put in a new yellow. What could I use for cleaning?
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

That means the ink has soared into the print head causing it to fully get soaked in. You can replace the complete print head unit as an option, please contact Brother to get a print head unit replacement

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.