Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

My stylus photo1500W keeps telling me that thae paper ios

Customer Question

my stylus photo1500W keeps telling me that thae paper ios jammed or out
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: my stylus photo printer keeps saying that the paper is out or jammed
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: just today
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: do not know
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->The jam occurs because the paper from the tray does not reach a particular sensor in a certain time. These Jam sensors are almost always little levers that "block" the paper path, but are easily pushed out of the way, to where the other end of the lever will block some kind of sensor, usually some form of optical beam. sometimes they can be jammed by bits of paper OR in other cases when there is not paper jam, due to fuser heat this sensor will start to indicate a permanent jam.

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
THE PAPER JUST GOES THROUGH WITHOUT PRINTING

Poor printing is due to clogged nozzles on your printer print head unit or Print head unit malfunctioning. First run the print head alignment page a few times, if that does not help then manually clean the print head nozzles with vinegar and alcohol. If that doesn't work, then you have to replace the print head unit to fix this. You can purchase a new print head from the manufacturer directly.