Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I have a Canon MP490 Series F printer. I recently bought

I have a Canon MP490 Series F printer. I recently bought ((18/05/20), a new 510 black cartridge. When I copied but gradually changed an article from a newspaper, the print-out started normally in black, but gradually progressed into a pale rose-pink to a russet colour. I tried this several times, but the result is still the same. Is this due to a faulty cartridge or a malfunction of the printer?
JA: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?
Customer: No, none at all.
JA: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?
Customer: New. Canon original, that I always use.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have had my printer for some years now, and I have had no proble. The colour cartridge is virtually empty. (I have a spare new one). Would this make a difference.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->Poor printing is due to clogged nozzles on your printer print head unit or Print head unit malfunctioning. First run the print head alignment page a few times, if that does not help then manually clean the print head nozzles with vinegar and alcohol. If that doesn't work, then you have to replace the print head unit to fix this. You can purchase a new print head from the manufacturer directly.

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.