Syseng
Syseng, Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft Certified with over 17 years experience in system integration and development
13852270

I have a konica minolta magicolor 4695MF it does not appear

I have a konica minolta magicolor 4695MF it does not appear to be recognising new non genuine toner cartridges (Yellow), I replaced the cartridge with a genuine cartridge which appeared to cure problem for 1 month but same error has started again. I was able to bypass colour printing but it will no longer allow that either
JA: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?
Customer: Message: Caution toner empty
JA: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?
Customer: dont think you have read my original message
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

My name is***** for the trouble.

Based on the description it sounds like the contacts in the printer that communicate with the cartridges may be dirty and need cleaning so cleaning the printhead manually would be the next step.

With the cartridges still removed and power unplugged, use a soft cloth and distilled water and/or alcohol to gently clean the contacts inside the slots where the ink cartridges fit. Make sure that the entire area is free from old dried ink and debris.

Also check that there are no printhead obstructions and that it can move freely.

Then plug in the power cord, power up, and check to see if the error still appears.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiCustomer I have tried that previously, just done it again but no difference
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no happy to type
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry David but I think we are heading towards a poor rating

My apologies for the delay.

What is the make and model of the device you are using to send print jobs to the printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toshiba Laptop Satellite Pro L770-12F

Ok thanks.

Does it have Windows 10 installed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have updated

Ok thanks.

What you will need to fix the problem is Toner Cartridge a 4 Piece Toner Cartridge Reset Chip for the MagiColor 4695.

Once that is installed it will reset the sensors so the toner cartridges are read correctly again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will give that a go. Regards Dennis

You're welcome and thank you for your patience.