Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

The paper feed on my printer is not picking up properly. It

Customer Question

The paper feed on my printer is not picking up properly. It pushes the paper over to one side and crumples it so that it jams. The on/off switch light then flashes. what can I do
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Epson ET 2600
JA: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?
Customer: Just started
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: The printer is new - new months old
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 12 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

Looks like the rubber roller that picks up the paper is started to wear out. Its best to replace that rubber roller now before it starts to chew the paper. YOu can get new Pickup Rollers from Cannon Parts store. You can contact and reach the Epson Parts department at - https://www.epson.co.uk/contactus

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back before rating. I am here to help you. If you are satisfied with the answer, then kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That is a pretty useless answer. I have no clue where a rubber roller is. There are two plastic pick up ridges, which are not damaged in any way, that pick up and move the paper. This is a printer that is two months old. If it was a rubber roller and I got a new one I would have no idea how to fit it.This is an Epson printer not Canon.

Its not useless, i am pointing you to the issue in question, the roller is located right above the paper tray

The link i gave you was for Epson, did you get it?>

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The paper tray stands at the bacheckout of the printer sloping backwards. At the bottom there is a plastic piece with two white plastic parts which grab the paper to move it down. There is no rubber roller visible. I cannot understand why any part of the printer could be "worn out" after 2 months

If its a new printer within 2 months then you can get a replacement since its under warranty, use the link i provided to place a service request