K Dismas
K Dismas, Engineer
Experience:  Developer/Programmer/Computer Technician
104540271

How do I connect my non WiFi printer to internet, so that I

How do I connect my non WiFi printer to internet, so that I can print pages from my smartphone or laptop without needing to plug the printer to the laptop. Many thanks

Hello my name is ***** ***** JustAnswer,
I am really sorry for the trouble you are facing right now.

But I'm here and happy to assist you today.

Take note: Please feel free to ignore the automated offers. These are premium services that are not free of charge. They are forms sent automatically by the website and not coming from my own will.

May I know what is your printer brand and model?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
HP OfficeJet 2620

I'm reviewing your issue right now. Please hold on.

Here I know how frustrating it is for you but in your case you might need to follow this below:

1. Confirm your Android device is connected to the same network as your printer, or that Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and Android device is enabled.

2. On your Android device, install or update the HP Print Service Plugin (in English).

3. Once the installation or update is complete, choose your Android device to turn on the plugin:

• Android 7 (Nougat) and later devices: The HP Print Service Plugin turns on automatically after installation. Continue with these steps.

• Android 6 (Marshmallow) and earlier devices: Tap Settings, search for and open HP Print Service, and then tap On.

4. Turn off any other print service plugins, if necessary.

Your Android device is now ready to print using the HP Print Service Plugin.

Print photos, documents, emails, or webpages from Android apps that provide a Print option on their menu.

1. Open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon , and then tap Print.

A print preview screen displays.

2. Tap the down arrow to view the printer list, and then select HP [your printer model name] to print over the network, or DIRECT-xx-HP [your printer model name] to print with Wi-Fi Direct.

3. Tap the down arrow to change any print settings, and then tap the Print icon.

I hope it works for you. If there is anything else that I can help with you today, please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My printer is not WiFi enabled. I want to know how to connect my non WiFi printer to the internet

Based on your HP model, HP OfficeJet 2620, I think it is a WiFi enabled printer. Do you see any WiFi's icon on you printer's display?

If you are certain that your printer is not WiFi enabled, I'm afraid there's no other way to connect and print wirelessly. I hope you understand the situation.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi. There are no Wi-Fi icons on the printer. Is there any way to connect an ethernet cable from my router to the printer. Does the printer have an ethernet port?

I'm afraid there's no other way to connect and print wirelessly. The other workaround for that would be using a ethernet cable.

Refer to this website here and follow the instruction. On the rear side of the printer, remove or dispose any plug or protective cover that you find on Ethernet port.