K Dismas
K Dismas, Engineer
Experience:  Developer/Programmer/Computer Technician
104540271

My printer is not behaving when I want to print photos.

My printer is not behaving when I want to print photos. Problem is that the photo paper, 4x6 size, won't quite fit the photo tray; it has to be trimmed slightly - a big mistake considering it is a PHOTO PRINTER! Also, I try several times to print a photo and it says there is no paper in, but there is, in the photo tray. Also, it won't print on 5x7 photo paper, it says it cannot accept it. These problems are very aggravating.
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: I'm not sure how to answer this. It is connected by cable to the desktop.
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I haven't updated the printer driver software. How do I do this?
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.

Hello my name is ***** ***** JustAnswer,
I am really sorry for the trouble you are facing right now.

But I'm here and happy to assist you today.

Take note: Please feel free to ignore the automated offers. These are premium services that are not free of charge. They are forms sent automatically by the website and not coming from my own will.

May I know what printer brand and model are you using?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
HP ENVY Photo 6234

Okay. I'm reviewing your issue right now. Please hold on.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don't want to pay £21. Email answers OK.

Please feel free to ignore the automated offers. These are premium services that are not free of charge. They are forms sent automatically by the website and not coming from my own will.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please ignore my request for a live phone call. I would prefer on-line answers.

Here I know how frustrating it is for you but in your case you might need to follow this below:

1. Right-click the photo that you want to print, and then click Print, or click Open with, click Windows Photo Viewer, and then click Print.
  2. From the drop-down menus above the photo, select your printer, paper size, and print quality. For the Paper, type select HP Photo Papers and then click Options.
  3. In the Print Settings window, click Printer Properties....
    NOTE: Changing some settings makes them the default settings for all print jobs. You might need to manually change the some of the following settings if you change paper type or size, or if you are printing documents. Make sure to select the appropriate paper tray.
  4. On the Paper/Quality tab, select Photo Tray or regular tray from the Paper Source drop-down menu, and then click Advanced.
  5. In the Advanced Options window, select 10×15cm/4×6in. in the Paper Size drop-down menu, and then click OK.
  6. In the Document Properties window, click OK.
  7. In the Print Pictures window, click Print.

Refer this article to know more information about cannot print from photo tray.

If there is anything else that I can help with you today, please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. I am printing your answer now.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It has printed page 2 of 3, which got to point 4 of your advice; I asked to print page 3 and I still haven't got points 5 to end. I'll try again.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have manually written the rest of your advice to number 7. It is too late tonight to carry on. May I continue this tomorrow?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
You have not replied, but I am sorry that I have to continue this tomorrow. I will use your instructions before I get back to you.

I'm really sorry you haven't received a response from me. Anyway, let me know if it works. And also, you might want to refer this article to know more information about cannot print from photo tray.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I said I wanted to cancel the phone call because it would cost me £21. I see that I may have been charged after all. Please can you cancel this charge.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
When you offered a phone call to chat about my problems, it did not say it was £21 until after I had said yes. I don't want to pay £21. I have not had time today to try out your suggested procedure for my printer. I will do it as soon as I can and get back to you.

Okay, about refunds, charges, cancellation and subscriptions.
I'm a site user like you, so I don't have access to your account details or charges, but customer service would be glad to help you with that. I hope you understand.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us