VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

My dell precision M4700 has locked up and the lock 9 is lit

Customer Question

My dell precision M4700 has locked up and the lock 9 is lit up
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Precision?
Customer: win 10
JA: What have you tried so far with your Precision? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: taking the battery out and powering up on mains but still locked
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanHilton M replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Disregard the remote service, that is just an automated offer it does not apply in this case.

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

I‘m sorry to know that you have been locked out of Windows 10 completely. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you.

To assist you in a better manner, please provide us the following information:

• Do you have a Microsoft account?

• Have you tried to login using your Microsoft account?

• Do you receive any error message while trying to log in using the Microsoft account?

Please follow the steps to enable the Build in Administrator:

1. Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
  2. Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
    1. If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes
    2. Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.

After you log in, create a new user account using your Microsoft account. Check how many users are configured for (control panel>User account) and if you see your old user account, you can transfer your data from the user folder to the new account.

Do not forget to disable the inbuilt user account as this is only good for troubleshooting purposes.
Open CMD (Admin) type: net user administrator /active:no