Sheri Treppeda
Sheri Treppeda,
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

My Epson ET2600 printer is not sending the paper through to

Customer Question

hi, my Epson ET2600 printer is not sending the paper through to be printed. The roller feeder seems to be catching the paper on the left hand side, scrunching it a bit and nothing else. What can I do to sort it out please?
JA: How are you connecting to your ET2600: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wirelessly was working fine the day before yesterday
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: can’t remembere I’l try that now
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: do you have a link
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sheri Treppeda replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, an independent question and answer portal. My name is Sheri. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I know it can be frustrating. I am happy to assist you and will do my best to resolve it for you quickly.

*Please note: You may see offers for Premium Services pop up. These offers are automatically generated by the system, not by me. They are optional and do carry an additional charge. We can always continue to work on your solution through messaging.

Your Solution:

Take a flashlight and look inside the printer and check for any paper or debris and remove it. Then test. If that does not work, do the following:

Open the lid and remove all the cartridges. Then power the printer off by removing the power cord from the back of the printer, NOT by pressing the power button. Leave it off for 20 minutes. Then, plug it back in and power it on. Wait for it to stop initializing and moving the carriage. Once it stops and is quiet, install the ink cartridges one at a time and then test.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
not sure what you mean by remove all the cartridges, can’t see anything to remove when I open the lid

You can ignore that part of the step as it does not apply to your model. Do the rest of those steps as they are a manual reset.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
doesn’t look like the ink cartridges at the side are removable

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Have unplugged and left it for 20 mins, have updated the software still the same problem. Try to take paper and it twist the paper a little and scrunches it on bottom right hand side. then stops. this is what it looks like in the printer and the second one is what it does to the paper

This indicates a physical issue. Do you know if the printer is under warranty? Or, is it new? If so, I would recommend you return or exchange it for a replacement.

Regards,

Sheri