Tech-Expert
Tech-Expert, Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Engineer
104823085

I have used my workforce WF 2630 for several years and today

Customer Question

I have used my workforce WF 2630 for several years and today it would not print from my MacBook Air and when I tried to find out why it asked for my password. where do I find password
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Epson workforce WF 2630 as I told you
JA: How long has this been going on with your WorkForce?
Customer: as I said today
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I have never heard of an operating system
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tech-Expert replied 7 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll be helping you with your question today. I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this.

I will need to do a bit of research before I can give you an accurate answer. It should only take about 15 minutes.

In the meantime, you may reply to me at any time if you think of any additional details that may be relevant. Thank you so much for your patience.

It appears that the printer is disconnected from the computer and the wifi network.

You will have to reconnect the printer to the wifi network.

1. Press the up or down arrow button on the printer, select Wi-Fi Setup, and press the OK button.
  2. Select the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard and press the OK button.
  3. Select the name of your wireless network and press the OK button.
  4. Enter your wireless password ***** the numeric keypad.
  • To enter letters or symbols, press the buttons on the numeric keypad to scroll through characters.
  • To enter numbers or change the case of letters, press the up or down arrow button.
  • To delete the previous character, press the left arrow button.
  • To enter a space, press the right arrow button.
  • 5.Press the OK button when you finish entering your password.
  • 6. Confirm the displayed network settings and press the OK button to save them.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
You have not read the question ! WHERE DO I GET THE PASSWORD

Click on the magnifying tool at the top right corner of the screen and type KeyChain and open the KeyChain access.
Once you open the KeyChain, select the name of your network in the list, and click the info button at the bottom of the window.
Click on “show password,” enter Mac’s login password ***** you will be able to see the network(wifi) password.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
The answer to the question is more than simple I.E. the pass word is on the router
Expert:  Tech-Expert replied 2 days ago.

It is good to know that you found the password.