Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Printer will not copy nor will it shut down. Counts down to

Printer will not copy nor will it shut down. Counts down to sleep mode then goes blank. If I press on again it lights up showing copy, scan and set up but none of these respond when touched. Printer is HP Envy 5020.
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: HP Envy 5020
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: Just today when trying to copy something
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Backed up everything on 1 October. Should I be doing something else? If so I haven't so could you talk me through what I should do please!
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
that's worked thank you very much. It's a pity the Technical Assistant couldn't suggest that before having to pay £5! However thanks again.

You are welcome