Kyle
Kyle, Printer Engineer
Experience:  Technology Consultant at KA Helpdesk
107309638

Why does a red x come up when I ask it to copy?

why does a red x come up when I ask it to copy?
Hello! I am Kyle your friendly technical expert from justanswer.com and today I will be providing you with the steps required to resolve your technical problem!
As you know Just Answer is an online question and answer website that connects visitors (like you!) with knowledgeable users (like myself!) in several categories including medical, legal, automotive, veterinary, and tech support, so please keep this in mind should you have another question in the future.
Firstly, sorry to hear about your issue. In order to work with you safely online please be advised that I work in accordance with the troubleshooting guidelines issued by your manufacturer or service provider and will help you to get back up and running again.
To begin please allow me a few minutes to review my assistants notes and gain a deeper understanding of your problem.
I am going to review my assistants notes now, can you please give me a few minutes to get you your solution?
Kind Regards,
Kyle (Your Friendly Expert)

The red cross means it could not copy, this could be due to permissions or the file itself.

Please restart the device and then copy again, if this doesn’t work then I would advise downloading another file or asking the administrator to check permissions for you to copy.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I an trying to print from a printed article, not a computer file - the computer is not connected to the printer in any way.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This printer has printed several copies in the past and behaved well then.

In order to expand on the solution here I will need you to take a photograph of your problem. Please be sure to take a clear photograph and then send it to me by attaching via this chat for analysis.

Can you take the photo and attach for me to review please?