Rafi
Rafi, Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager
106284071

My printer is telling me it has a problem with my instant

Customer Question

My printer is telling me it has a problem with my instant ink account
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: Wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: not sure not since usedfew months ago
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: at moment due to COVID I am using printer more so maybe could change different account
Category: Printers
Expert:  Rafi replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer, an independent paid Question and Answer support site. I am Rafi with 15+ years of experience and will try to do my best to help you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Expert:  Rafi replied 4 months ago.

To answer your question -

Most printers require that you install the latest printer driver so that the printer will work well. If you recently upgraded from an earlier version of Windows or Mac, your printer driver might work with the previous version but might not work well or at all. Also, if you've experienced power outages, computer viruses, or other problems, your printer driver might be damaged. Downloading and installing the latest printer driver can often resolve these problems. Here are several ways to do this.

• If your printer came with a disc, it might contain software that can help you install drivers for your printer or check for driver updates.
  • Check your printer manufacturer’s support site. To find that, search the internet for the name of your printer manufacturer plus the word “support”, to find the latest drives.
  • Printer drivers can be found here: https://www.drivers.com/update_printer_drivers_main/
  • Replace the cable connected to the device
  • If its connected through wireless reboot your Wi-Fi modem and test again.

I hope that one of these tips or fixes was able to help you with the issue you are experiencing. If you still can't get the printer setup correctly a technician service request must be made.

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I am here to help you. Thanks.