Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Have a new Printer Canon Pixma MG 2500 series -- MG 2550 S

Customer Question

Have a new Printer Canon Pixma MG 2500 series -- MG 2550 S All sewt up except it will not reciebvd the print command
JA: How are you connecting to your Pixma: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: USB
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I am not very computer minded - what does that mean?
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 20 days ago.

I'm sorry about your printer issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Is there any error or message when you print from your computer to your new Canon printer name?
Do you have a Windows or Mac computer?

Is the printer copying from the printer's glass fine?
Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Windows Computer - Yes copying from Glass - No message when trying to priont

When printing something on your computer, at the print dialog window, please make sure to select your correct Canon printer name first. Then print and check.

If that does not work, please try the following steps:

1. Disconnect the USB printer cable from the computer for now.
  2. On the computer, go to Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners. (Or go to Control Panel > Programs / Programs and Features.) Then there, remove all the Canon item(s) there for now. Also, there, remove any old printer that you do not use anymore.
  3. Make sure the Canon printer is turned on.
  4. Reconnect the USB printer cable securely to both printer and computer.
  5. Wait a few minutes. Then the Canon printer should be automatically be reinstalled.
  6. Open something, such as a document, an email message, a photo, a webpage, etc., you want to print on the computer. Then use the print option or print icon there. Then the print dialog window should show up. Then make sure to select your correct Canon printer name first. Then print and check.

If that still does not work, please download and install the at the website below:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg2550s.html?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:14-1446471

- Once the installation is finished successfully, open something, such as a document, an email message, a photo, a webpage, etc., you want to print on the computer. Then use the print option or print icon there. Then the print dialog window should show up. Then make sure to select your correct Canon printer name first. Then print and check.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.