Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My HP3630 printer says "no driver available. Please help.

Customer Question

My HP3630 printer says "no driver available. Please help. Thank you.
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: A laptop
JA: How long has this been going on with your HP3630?
Customer: I do not really know because I have had no need to do any printing for a couple of weeks
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: As far as I know it is automatically updated. I had an up date about 5 days ago.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did a scan of a document 3 days ago and the item was successful printed.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Rafi replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer an independent paid Question & Answer web portal. I am Rafi and I will try to do my best to help you today. Please note Secure Remote Assistance are auto-generated and communication through chat is fine with me. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.. Please take the time to carefully read and follow the instructions.

To answer your question -

Most printers require that you install the latest printer driver so that the printer will work well. If you recently upgraded from an earlier version of Windows or Mac, your printer driver might work with the previous version but might not work well or at all. Also, if you've experienced power outages, computer viruses, or other problems, your printer driver might be damaged. Downloading and installing the latest printer driver can often resolve these problems. Here are several ways to do this.

• If your printer came with a disc, it might contain software that can help you install drivers for your printer or check for driver updates.
  • Check your printer manufacturer’s support site. To find that, search the internet for the name of your printer manufacturer plus the word “support”, to find the latest drives.
  • Printer drivers can be found here: https://www.drivers.com/update_printer_drivers_main/
  • Replace the cable connected to the device
  • If its connected through wireless reboot your Wi-Fi modem and test again.