Rafi
Rafi, Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager
106284071

I need technical help and advise pls. I have Sawgrass VJ628

Customer Question

Hi. I need technical help and advise pls. I have Sawgrass VJ628 with sublimation ink and I neet to convert my printer to oroginal Mutoh VJ628 to print with eco solvent ink CMYK. IS THAT POSSIBLE TO DO SUCH CONVERSION? Mostly I am worry about firmware. The printer must recognize eco solvent ink and manage it. Is that possible to do such conversion? Tjank y for your kinde support? Eduard
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Sawgrass VJ628 with sublimation ink I need convert to original Mutoh VG628 with ecosolvemt printer
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: 6 years
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: That is not queztion for my solution. I need to know if such convertion is possible.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Rafi replied 13 days ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer, an independent paid Question and Answer support site. I am Rafi with 16+ years of experience and will try to do my best to help you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a few minutes to review your question.

Expert:  Rafi replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for the information above. I am not aware that this conversion is possible.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Tjat all unswer? Support your unsver with thechnical knowlage in why not. Where might be problem? I need to know. I ask my question because I need to know technical reason. That why I played
Expert:  Rafi replied 13 days ago.

The VJ is a four 8 color ink set with intergreated sublimation ink. When the printer does not have a conversion kit for Eco solvent. This is due to how the printer was built and was not built for conversions.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Pteviosly Sawgrass VJ Mutoh 628 was rebild from Mutoh VJ 628 eco solvent printer by Sawgrass and convertid to subli printer. I want conver back. I changed akready tubes and dampers and prepare eco solvent ink for Mutoh VJ 628. I am wary about firmware whicg draws printer and recognize the right chip icartriages with solvent nk. That model of Muroh was build originally for eco solvent ink. What y dad about ink and kit for that printer does nor halp ke to underztand what I cant turn my printer to original ecosolvemt printer. Can y give resonable technical unswer pls. I nedd to know what the impossibility lay infront my challenge. Thank y
Expert:  Rafi replied 12 days ago.

Thanks. Just want to confirm your VJ was converted to solvent and looking to convert it back. By any chance do you know the firmware its on

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That reason why I am ask. I do know that some gays did it with different model. Why I cant to dowith my?
Expert:  Rafi replied 12 days ago.

Do you know which models they got it done

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Mimaki CJV 30-130 printer. Thay bought that printer which already have been transformed to subli ink. That gays just mafe transformation to eco solvent because was builf for eco solvent printing. Mine printer as vell was build for eco solvent print process. Have 2 different heating system for process and finishinf. Preheating and heating. Subli print pricedd do not require preheating process but eco solvent yes. Evidently. Sawgrawss VJ 628 was turned into sublimation pronter. Thay may change firmware. If so, why I cant to get back original eco solvent printer by changing hardware and probably firmware. But with firmware I am not shore. Hiw I can get it
Expert:  Rafi replied 12 days ago.

Usually once firmware is upgraded doing a rollback would have to go through the manufacturer

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok. I do ask manufacture to letting me reinstall original firmware throught get support.
Expert:  Rafi replied 12 days ago.

That would be best