Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

Freddy i have just followed that code 6000 link and the

Freddy i have just followed that code 6000 link and the printer carriage for inks is stuck over to the left. This is teh second time this has happened in 2 months and last time it seemed to come unstuck on its own with off and ons
JA: Is your Carriage printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: yes 6000
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: i just re installed it from canon as i have just reinstalled windows 10 on my pc
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: due to other issues

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Note this print job was initiated from an ipad not from my pc.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
no i am happy with this text communication.

Where is the printer head currently located?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
to the left of the carriate door. ie i open the door and it is stuck over to the left. I have shone a torch in and all ink cartridges seem to be in place so they are not jamming it + it has been working fine this morning

Thank you for letting me have all the additional information. It sounds there could be a problem with the head of the printer which is preventing it to complete its full cycle. I would like to provide you with some basic troubleshooting instructions that may assist you with resolving this problem. Please see the steps I have composed below, ensure you review each individual step before proceeding to action them.

1. Open the printer and remove all of the ink cartridges. ( Allow a few moments for the printer to recognise the change)
  2. Once you have managed to do this, power off the printer by tapping on the power for approximately 5 seconds and then proceed to remove the power cord.
  3. Power the printer back on after approximately 60 seconds by re-attaching the power cord and then tapping on the power button for 5 seconds. (Allow some moments for the printer to start up and complete the power-on process).
  4. Now that the printer is all powered on, reinsert the ink cartridges. (Allow a few moments for the printer to recognise the change).
  5. Please perform a test print to verify whether this process has been effective.

I hope the information provided today helps to reinstate your printer to working order and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
OK i have followed that procedure. When i moved the carriage to the center to remove the cartridges there were NO lights on any of them (normally is to indicate ink status). I removed them powered off and on as above when reinserted still no lights on on any of teh cartridges
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sort of suggests there is a power issue to the carriage

If those steps didn't work, it's likely you will need to replace the unit.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
OK thanks that is what i figured

Best of luck, if you need any help with choosing a new printer, I would be more than happy to recommend a new product?