Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have Anet A8 model, display reads "Extruder Off" how do i

I have Anet A8 model, display reads "Extruder Off" how do i turn extruder on?
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Anet A8, cant find model number
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: 2 weeks, i have been struggling
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: my pc is only 6 months old, Windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm a beginner. totally lost

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your 3D printer question.

The Extruder Off message, is actually a menu entry for allowing turning Off of the extruder in the 3D printer. In short, it is not an error message, unless your 3D printer is defective in its Extruder controls.

Try turning the Extruder On, please. After that, your Anet A8 may be defective, regrettably... so please let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The menu reads " extruder off" how do I turn it on?

Try using that menu option to change it. If that does not work, I suspect the temperature might need raising, but if that does not work either, the 3D printer needs repair. (How old is the printer, please?)

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
there is no option's, on the menu. that is why I am asking you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am an older person, my hearing is not 100%. typing is OK

I am sorry to hear that. The printer has suffered a problem that will require repair-servicing, then. Electronic or otherwise, the problem needs repair.

(How old is the printer, please? just by the way.)

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The printer is approx 6 months old. i have rebuilt the extruder and refed the filament at 220 degrees. where do I find the option to change the status (from off to on

There is a menu, with 'Back' at the top, that has, lower down, the Extruder entry. Please try there.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
For some reason your reply's are going to my phone! my pc reads We're sorry. An unexpected error has occurred

OK...

There is a menu on the A8 printer, with 'Back' at the top, that has, lower down, the Extruder entry. Please try there.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Back to my original question, I am on the menu - "back" at the top -then bed temp - then temp 0 - then extruder off. I can select the extruder but there are no options

The printer is defective, I regret. If the warranty extends to 1 year (which is normal) it should be warranty-serviced by the maker:

https://shop.anet3d.com/pages/after-sales-returning

is the page of information about having it returned for warranty servicing. Note, please, that the 'do-it-yourself' model only has a 6 month warranty; the 'full' model has a 1 year warranty.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It will be too difficult to pack up and post, could you find a local (to me) repairer. I am in Bristol UK post code BS4 1XU

You would have to pay for the local repairer, which would be non-warranty.

Would you still like information, please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
please

OK:

This page has some doubtful prospects - they are probably all just providers of 3D printing service, but not repair - but 3D Nucs seems the best prospect for your needs:

https://www.treatstock.com/3d-printing-services/Bristol--England--GB/technology-FDM