Sheri
Sheri, Printer Technician/Expert
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

My HP Envy 5030 has become a nightmare. Every time I try to

Customer Question

My HP Envy 5030 has become a nightmare. Every time I try to print it says 'Printer off-line'. Every time in siconnect and then reconnect and turn on it says to remove andreinstall the black cartridge. Evetually, after along wiat, the printed item appears.
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: My HP ENVY 5030 has become a nightmare. Every time I try to print it says 'Printer off line'. Every time I disconnect and reconnect the printer the screen says to remove black cartridge and reinstall it.
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Yesterday and again today. I have replaced the black cartridge three times but this message persists. Please tell me how to repair the printer and secure a non-faulty cartridge .
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just that - to make the printer work.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sheri replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, an independent question and answer portal. My name is***** am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your Printer. I know it can be frustrating. I am happy to assist you and will do my best to resolve it for you quickly.

*Please note: You may see offers for Premium Services pop up. These offers are automatically generated by the system, not by me. They are optional and do carry an additional charge. We can always continue to work on your solution through messaging.

Your Solution:

First, please open the lid and check for any jams or debris and remove all the cartridges. Then power the printer off by removing the power cord from the back of the printer, NOT by pressing the power button. Leave it off for 20 minutes. Then, plug it back in and power it on. Wait for it to stop initializing and moving the carriage. Once it stops and is quiet, install the ink cartridges one at a time and then test.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'll try! Lord Howell
Expert:  Sheri replied 10 days ago.

Ok, just reply once done, as needed.

Regards,

Sheri