Sheri
Sheri, Printer Technician/Expert
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

I am trying to scan a copy to my computer, No, Never I don't

Customer Question

I am trying to scan a copy to my computer
JA: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?
Customer: No
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Never I don't thing
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sheri replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, an independent question and answer portal. My name is Sheri. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I know it can be frustrating. I am happy to assist you and will do my best to resolve it for you quickly.

*Please note: You may see offers for Premium Services pop up. These offers are automatically generated by the system, not by me. They are optional and do carry an additional charge. We can always continue to work on your solution through messaging.

Please provide the brand and model of the printer/scanner.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No I don't think so
Expert:  Sheri replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  Sheri replied 11 days ago.

Your Solution:

Without the information I requested, I am only able to provide you with a general answer, but I hope this helps.

Go to the search on the bottom left and type control panel and select it from the list. Once there click on programs and software. Once there, select each printer entry and click uninstall at the top. Do this for any entry. Then remove the USB cable and restart the computer. Once the computer comes back up fully, connect the printer with the USB cable to the computer and power the printer on. Allow Windows to automatically load the driver. Then, once that is done, try printing again.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert:  Sheri replied 11 days ago.

Correction, any entry of the brand of your printer/scanner, for example, Canon, HP, etc.