Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

On trying to scan using Scan Gear I keep getting "You do not

On trying to scan using Scan Gear I keep getting "You do not have the required privileges to access the specified folder Code:9,244,3 what do I need to do
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: Canon Pixma MG3650 scanner/printer
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: AcerXC605 PC
JA: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?
Customer: today
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Its on automatic update so should be up to date
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

I'm sorry about your scanning issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Is printing working fine? Does your computer have Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Printer works fine, it's the scanner that has just started playing up. I'm using Windows 10

Thank you. Do you have the Canon Utilities > IJ Scan Utility program installed on your computer?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I must have as I have a shortcut on the screen to scan up until now

Please go to your Start menu, and there, scroll down your list of apps, and then check for the item Canon Utilities > IJ Scan Utility there. Or go to your Start menu, and there, scroll down your list of apps, and then click click on the item Windows Accessories > Windows Fax and Scan and use it to do scanning. Thank you.

Thank you. To connect your computer remotely with me, on your computer, please click on the website below:

https://tinyurl.com/2jh3va22
Then click on the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client if shown at bottom, and then open / run / install it.
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Connected, working on issue. Thank you.

I have resolved the scanning issue via remote support. (Summary: Allowed Controlled folder access.) If you need help with anything else, please come back anytime. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Brilliant thank you for all your help.

You're welcome. Take care! Thank you.