Bing
Bing, Engineer
Experience:  Senior IT Consultant
96068672

Is it possible to repair a cracked touch screen on a Brother

Is it possible to repair a cracked touch screen on a Brother MFC-J5625DW printer?
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: That's not really relevant as the Brother MFC-J5625DW printer can be operated via its touchscreen as a standalone scanner/copier/printer.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent technical support website. My name is ***** ***** it’s my pleasure to be assisting you today.

Does the cracked touch screen is still workable?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, it doesn't respond to touch, even though the crack is only small and all the icons are still visible. It had been deteriorating gradually for months. After the crack first appeared, the touchscreen became less sensitive and you had to press down harder than usual to operate it. Finally, it stopped responding to touch altogether. Rebooting it didn't work.

I just searched through some online websites and didn't see spare parts of THIS touch screen, so the best way is to bring it back to Brother for services, especially if the printer is still under Brother's one-year or two-year warranty.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. It isn't under warranty anymore, so I'm wondering if it makes any economic sense to have it repaired.

As long as it is under the vendor's warranty, it is always economic. :-)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but as I said, it is not under warranty anymore. Seems a real shame to throw away a whole printer just because a tiny little touchscreen doesn't work anymore...

It is still worth it talking to Brother guys. They may help you order a spare part and you may DIY to replace it yourself saving the labour cost.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK, will do! Thanks for your help, Bing, and have a good weekend.

You too. Good luck.