Mian-Wisal Ahmad
Mian-Wisal Ahmad, Engineer
Experience:  Field Engineer at DWP Group
107108665

When I try to print from my iMac I get a message that my

When I try to print from my iMac I get a message that my printer is not connected
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: Wirelessly I think!
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I don't ever remember doing that!
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure what he/she needs to know in order to help me!

Hi, my name is***** to Just Answer. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with printing. That sounds frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Dear Valued Customer, kindly confirm your printer brand and model number.

For initial troubleshooting, please try the following steps.

Turn Off your printer and remove the power cord from the printer.

Turn Off your computer system

Turn Off your wireless router.

Wait 1 minute. After 1-minute, turn ON the Computer, Printer, and Wireless router.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Printer brand is HPEnvy5546
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I’ve turned off my printer, computer and router and I’m waiting a minute as advised
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don’t want to pay an extra £21 for a live call. I was told that this service would cost £5

Dear Valued Customer, may i take control of your computer system through Secure Remote Assistance to fix your printing problem instead of phone call?

Ok, no problem we can continue to troubleshoot the problem through chat. Please let me know once the computer, router, and printer are restart.

Make a test print after the restart.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I’ve switched everything back on and will now do a test print.

Ok, please let me know the status of the test print.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It still won’t print.

Kindly check if any cable is connected between your printer and computer, or printer is connected wirelessly to the wifi router?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It says “Ready to print” but there is also a message “printer not connected”
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is no cable between the printer and the computer. How do I tell if it’s connected to WiFi?

Please try the following steps.

Open the following link on your computer system.

https://123.hp.com/us/en/devices/envy5546

Click on "Install HP Smart" to download and install the HP Smart app from your App Store.

Double click on the downloaded file to install the software. Once the software is installed click on Add a printer and follow the on-screen instruction to connect your printer to the wifi router and your computer system.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I’ve installed the app as instructed and I have a message on my computer screen saying”if you want to connect to your printer using Wi-fi make sure the printer is on and click Refresh. I’ve done that 3 times and it returns to the same message. It also says “ To set up a printer not listed, click Set up a new printer. Should I do that?

Yes, please choose to set up a new printer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It tells me to connect printer to computer using a USB cable but I don’t have one!

Have you tried to choose the wireless connection?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do I do that?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have found a notice U received from HP in March saying my printer is now web connected and telling me the printer’s email address. Is that any help?

Your printer is enrolled in the HP instant ink program?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I receive ink when it is needed.

Kindly click on the Wifi icon on your printer screen, choose wireless setup wizard, in the wizard choose your home wifi router name and enter your wifi password.

For pictorial assistance, please visit the following video link and follow the instruction. Once the first step is complete and the printer is connected to the wifi, Open the HP Smart and choose to Add a printer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBsGYlWM764

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have clicked on the WiFi icon on printer screen and chosen my router. I got a message saying it's now connected. Cant I now just try a test print? why do I need all that stuff with the HP Smart app?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I went to my print queue and I'm still getting a message that it's not connected!!

If the printer is not connected to the wifi router now, please try to open the HP smart app and add your printer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I went to the HO Smart App and clicked on Refresh but it kept returning to the same page!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I’ve had a message that the printer must be turned
On but it Is turned on !

Please try the following steps.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners

Right-click on HP Envy 5546 and choose Set as the default printer.

Try a test print.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ive done that. The HP Envy 5546 is already shown as the default printer but it still won't print.

Please click on the + icon at Printers & Scanners and let me know if your printer is discoverable.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it shows a picture of the printer with the status "In use" and "Default"

If your printer is enrolled for the HP instant ink, have you recently change your payment status or change your credit card which used for billing of HP Instant ink?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, I've just been into my account and it still shows the correct last four digits of my credit card and the record of my monthly payments.

Kindly print out the printer status report and share it with.

Scroll left on your printer screen and choose settings.

Touch Tools

Swipe up and touch the Printer status reports.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK I've done that and I have the Printer status report. What now?

Please take a picture of the status report and attach it here. To attach the picture please click on the attach icon (Paper Clip).

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Here is the Printer status report

Please try to run the Wireless Network Test in the Network settings of your printer control panel.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry Mian, I can't find a heading saying Network settings on my printer screen but, under the Wireless icon I found some information with the correct name for my Wifi. Is that what you wanted/

Can you please share a picture of that settings.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
here it is.

I need to enter your computer through Secure Remote Assistance and check the problem.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK, what do you need me to do?

Dear valued customer, for “Secure Remote Assistance”. In order to access your computer and resolve your problem. Please click on the link below and then click on “Download”, open the downloaded file and then click on “Join”:

https://join.zoho.com/155072077

Dear Andrew, please re-open the following after restarting your computer. Thank You

https://join.zoho.com/155072077

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Mian, where have you gone?

Dear Andrew, please open this new link on your computer system.

https://join.zoho.com/393282737

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It asks me to name the Session ID but I don't know what that is!

Please enter the following session id 393-282-737

After entering the session id, please click on download, double click on the downloaded file to open. Or open this link

https://join.zoho.com/393282737

Please try to restart your computer, printer, and wifi router now and make a test print.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I restarted computer but couldn’t get back into JoinMac. Where does that leave us?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I wasn't able to print a test print. Have we now finished and have you relinquished control of my computer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Mian,
First let me thank you for trying so hard to get my printer working during our recent long session. Unfortunately the problem is still not resolved as I am still unable to print from my iMac computer. (But I am able to copy and print individual sheets of paper). The printer is switched on and there is a small blue light on the screen which I think means it is connected to my wifi. Apart from the ink cassettes that are currently in the printer I have no spare inks and I don't know why I have not been sent any new ink replacements. When I go into settings on my computer it shows my printer as 192.168.0.4. Before our session it showed it as HP Envy 5546 so I am quite confused about where we are with this. If you can give me any further help it would be much appreciated.
Best Regards,
Andrew