Joseph Newman
Joseph Newman, Engineer
Experience:  Lead Technician at Maryville City Schools
107060210

HP envy 4527. I have taken out a jammed sheet and loaded the

HP envy 4527. I have taken out a jammed sheet and loaded the paper try. I am getting a message that 'a paper tray is open, load and close the paper tray. I have done this but the message stays.
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: HP ENVY 4527
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: jUST THIS LAST FEW MINUETS.
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Only when I first installed the printer.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hi, I am Joseph. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply soon.

If you have any more information about your question you would like me to know about then please go ahead and send me another message. If I have all the details about the question, then I can give a more precise accurate answer.

Let's try this first. Remove all paper and then unplug the printer from the wall. Let it sit unplugged for about five minutes. Next, plug it in and then load the paper.

Please let me know when you have do this and what the result is.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have done this but the same message has come up.

Thank you. Let me check for the next solution step.

Thank you for your patience. Does it look like there is any broken pieces on the printer like a sensor out of place or anything look blocked or broken?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I've had a good look using a flashlight and there is nothing apparent that is broken.

Thank you for that information. One moment please.

Thank you for your patience.

Turn off the printer and when you turn it on press the power button and the feed button until it flashes.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
which is the feed button?

It may be the red X button.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i can't see any other buttons!

On the printer itself?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i've been all over, inside and out with a flashlight and can see any other buttons
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
sorry-can't see any buttons

What kind of paper are you using and in what input location?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The paper i have always used, inserted into the paper tray.

Try changing the paper source.  To do this follow these steps.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjSVLg7aunY

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i don't have any other paper. I've taken paper out moved the side bars reloaded the paper tray and the message is still there.

Try this guide. It give other solutions I need you to try to use to resolve this. https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-Copying/close-tray-message-although-tray-is-closed/td-p/6568492

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ok a very small piece of paper from underneath. Now the message has gone. I can copy. However, when i come to print an email the box says my printer needs attention!

Does it go into any more detail than that?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Status: Attention required. Comment: This is a web services printer.. I have sent an email to print but nothing has happened and the face on the printer has gone blank.

Thank you for that information. To best fix this issue disconnect it from the computer and on the settings on the computer uninstall the printer. Once it is uninstalled reboot the computer and then add the printer back. This will fix this issue.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
how do i disconnect from the computer which i assume is my lap top?

Is it wireless or with USB?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
wireless

In that case you don't physically unplug it. You just remove it in settings.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
where do i find settings. on my lap top?

Is this a Mac or PC?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
pc

Click on start and then click settings.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it's uninstalled. What do i do now. Bear with me, I'm 74 years old and not very tecy.

No worries, now click add a printer and select it and let it install again.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
where do i go to 'add printer'?

In that same setting where you would see the list of printers.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
a flash message-printer off line and I can;t find add printer

No, you do this on your computer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
now i have uninstalled it i can;t find where to re install it

Do you know where control panel is then?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
as i'm typing it's printing out the file that jammed earlier

So there is a physical jam now?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No jam. It's printing as normal now. I'm just printing off a couple of recent emails.

That is awesome.  I'm so glad it is working.  Anything else I can do for you on this question?

Thank you for reaching out and letting me help with your question. I wish you luck in your solution. Have a good day and stay safe!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
A mystery Joseph. Thanks for your help. I don't know where you are in the world, so

You are welcome.