Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Paper feed not working properly. Single page jams. Paper v

Paper feed not working properly. Single page jams. Paper v easily removed from under printer when paper tray is removed and it has obviously not been going in straight. Info on screen says 'fix single page feeder slot ' Where is this? . I have checked the paper holders in the feeder tray. All OK. Printer slid partly off its table and was repositioned yesterday. This is the first time I have used it since. Please can you advise.
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: HP Color Laser Jet Pro M252
JA: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?
Customer: only today. I have not used it since the mishap yesterday. Before that, all OK
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: never done that.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please remove the power to the device (so unplug it from the power socket)

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the device and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
same problem. screen says open rear door and tray 2 and clear jam. I can see no jam

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I removed the 4 ink cartridges. The interior is perfectly clean. There is no paper jammed anywhere that I can see.

See how it now functions please

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
no change. Still mis feefding and crinkled at top L hand corner of paper. The paper is not really jammed. it has just not fed in.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
no change. Still mis feeding and crinkled at top L hand corner of paper. The paper is not really jammed. it has just not fed in.

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal drive motor or a roller that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.