Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a canon pixma MG5500 showing support code B200. What

I have a canon pixma MG5500 showing support code B200. What can I do?
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: I have a Canon MG 5500 showing support code B200. Please advise
JA: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?
Customer: Just happened
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Never
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket) as well as your wifi router and power off your computer.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the wifi router then the printer, turn it on and start your computer and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
RIchafd. Still showing code B200

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Rather not phone

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No change

Can you put different ink cartridges in the printer and tell me if it then works please

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Still not working

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Well out of warranty would I be better to buy a new copier

yes you would sorry

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks Richard

You are welcome