Andrew Taylor
Andrew Taylor, Engineer
Experience:  System Engineer
102326245

My PIXMA printer is showing a yellow light near the start

My PIXMA printer is showing a yellow light near the start button which I do not understand. The printer is now inoperable. I have no manual, can you assist.?
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Canon G4410 / G4510
JA: How long has this been going on with your G4410?
Customer: Today
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I don't think I have. I am not a frequent user.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How can I get a manual.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today regarding your printer.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
Can you tell me what error you are getting, please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
A yellow light over the triangle near the on/off switch

The best and fastest thing to try in this case is clearing the printer memory. No settings will be reset at this point, and it usually helps with most issues.

Carefully, remove the power cable from the printer so the printer is disconnected from power. Then press and hold the power button or clear/cancel button on the printer for 30 seconds.

Connect the power back up and turn it on as normal. Please check to see If this clears it.

Thanks so much, I am patiently waiting for further updates.

Does this help?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK now . Received your reply after requesting phone . NOT acceptable business practice.

Sorry what?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's OK now. I received your reply after signing for phone conversation, now unnecessary. Not a satisfactory process.

Did I resolve your issue?

Regarding the phone call I will ensure you are refunded for that.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thankyou. Yes your answer rectified the problem, means it is now OK, I.e. operating normally again.

Glad I could help!

Is there anything else I can help you with?