TechExpertTZ
TechExpertTZ, Computer Hardware Expert
Experience:  Masters Computer Science
109092715

I'm trying to print addresses on C6 envelopes but can't get

Customer Question

I'm trying to print addresses on C6 envelopes but can't get my Epson XP-455 to print them. I either get nothing at all or a misaligned address.
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: Mac BookAir, Office 365
JA: How long has this been going on with your XP-455?
Customer: I've only tried to do it for the first time today.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  TechExpertTZ replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Tauseef, Technology Expert with JustAnswer and I am a Computer Science graduate, I have over 15 years of experience in this field and have helped thousands of customers.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

• May I know who I'm chatting with?

• Are you using MS Word to print?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Tauseef, I’m Steve. Yes, I’m trying to print from Word

HI Steve, Are you using Mailing Tab > Envelopes > and then address options. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’m trying to print a single address on a C6 envelope before carrying out a full mail merge, but can’t even get the test to work. My printer page setup is for C6 but it keeps telling me “Paper in sheet feeder does not match your print settings”

Please wait working on this.

Please see official Epson advise on this, it has photos to aid, let me know if this was helpful.
 Printing on Envelopes
https://support.epson-europe.com/onlineguides/en/sx130/html/basic_4.htm
The steps are listed in a step-by-step order in the above link I shared, so please go through them one after the other and take your time. Let me know the result, please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've now had some success adjusting the printer settings on my MacBook. The layout in Word doesn't look anything like the layout on the envelope. Each time I have to go into Page Handling, select 'Scale to fit' and then the paper size C6. Not sure how easy this is going to be when printing from a mail merge list.

Your mail merge list is in Word or Excel?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Excel

Please use this official advise from Microsoft to Mail merge using an Excel spreadsheet
[with photos to aid]
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/mail-merge-using-an-excel-spreadsheet-858c7d7f-5cc0-4ba1-9a7b-0a948fa3d7d3

Let me know if any more issues, thank you.

Hi, I'm checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I hope this works out for you. If you have any follow-up questions, please reply here and I'll be happy to assist you. Thank you for using Just Answer.