Abhishek Gupta 2
Abhishek Gupta 2 ,
Experience:  Maintenance Executive at Devyani Food Industries Limited
112970849

I have a HP Photosmart 7960, the automatic paper sensor has

Customer Question

I have a HP Photosmart 7960, the automatic paper sensor has come lose, where and how do i put is back?
JA: What HP model do you have?
Customer: HP Photosmart 7960
JA: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?
Customer: only 2 days
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I have not done any updates
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to put the sensor back.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have removed the outer casing and still cannot see where to reposition the sensor
Expert:  Abhishek Gupta 2 replied 7 days ago.

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer.com, an independent paid Question and Answer support site.

I am Abhi with over 5 years of experience and will try to do my best to help you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question to ensure that I don't miss anything.

One sensor is located in the printer carriage. A second sensor—the Auto Sense sensor—is located in the back of the printer near the paper 'clean out' area. Each sensor performs a specific set of media detection functions.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Where exactly should the sensor be positioned I am unable to see any housing for this sensor

Locate the Paper Sensor/OOPs sensor on the right side of the paper path. It can be seen from the top of the printer with the Top Cover open and has red, black, and blue wires attached to it.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The sensor ref nos are C6487-60074 still unable to see where the sensor should be, can you send me a photo or diagram showing exactly where it should be

Locate the Paper Sensor/OOPs sensor on the right side of the paper path. It can be seen from the top of the printer with the Top Cover open and has red, black, and blue wires attached to it.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have the outer casing removed, still now able to see any place for the sensor
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
suggest a video call
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Lots of information but not for 7960, still no further. I need to know where and how to reposition this sensor

Please click on the below link for better understanding.

Link:- http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpy21338.pdf

Page No - 24 please visit it.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have the user manual, it does provide service information, I just need to know exactly where this sensor should go, I cannot see any housing for the sensor at right hand side of the rollers.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
can you video call me?

Please contact on this below number.

(Technical Support for Consumer Products, call us on 0207(###) ###-#### Technical Support for Commercial Products, call us on 0207(###) ###-####

They will assist you further.

Is your problem is resolved?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
On the phone right now.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
hoping it is fixed, putting it back together, HP are phoning me backl next week to make sure it is working, many thanks

I hope I provided you with useful information.

Your feedback is also more important to me.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

And thank you for using Justanswer.com.

Best Regards,

Abhishek